Friday, October 8, 2010

Menu Planning

Ok, so today I am cleaning out my pantry.  I am throwing away products that are out of date and sitting out items to donate to the food bank.  After I get it organized, I will take inventory of the items left and plan my menu for the next week or so.  I don't create a detailed menu, I basically make a list of dishes that I have all the ingredients to prepare.  I also make a grocery list of items to pick up that will make additional dishes.  For instance, if I have pasta and pasta sauce, but I do not have hamburger, I put hamburger on the grocery list.  Now, I only have to buy 1 more item to make that dish!  If you have a few minutes today, take a look in your pantry and freezer and see what you have.  You will save money by only picking up what you need!!!!  Give it a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment