Friday, January 14, 2011

Traveling tip...

Last year my father in law suffered a stroke and was in the hospital for 8 weeks.  My mother in law along with my sister and brother in law basically lived out of a hotel room for the entire hospital stay and we were there 2-3 days a week.  My family truly learned how to LOVE a hospitality basket!  Thanks to countless friends and family a new bag or basket would show up every few days, full of snacks, cereal bars, magazines, candy, you name it, we got!  You will never know how much those items were needed and enjoyed.

Since then, I find myself picking up more items like peanuts, popcorn,  hot cocoa, etc. when they are free or very cheap.  I have these items on hand when I need to put together a goodie bag.  It's also a great idea to put together a basket or bag for your own family when you travel.   Even if its just an overnight trip, you may want to include cereal bars, instant coffee packs (like Starbucks VIA), small beverage napkins, small plastic cups, plastic utensils, popcorn, candy bars, etc.  This will cut down on spending at a vending machine or a hotel shop.  You can also include free travel size products that you pick up.  Just in case you or someone you are traveling with, forgets something!

No comments:

Post a Comment